If you have a question about Planar products or your order you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Toll-Free +1.866.752.6270 (United States & Canada)
Planar Systems, Inc.
Attn: Planar eStore
1195 NW Compton Dr
Returns and Replacements
In the event that you are unsatisfied with the product(s) you purchased from Planar’s online store, you have 14 days to request a return. You must contact a Planar customer service representative at email@example.com to obtain a return authorization number within 14 days of the date of shipment. We're sorry, unauthorized returns will not be accepted. A 25% open box fee will be assessed on any opened hardware or accessory. You may be asked to provide a major credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express) to cover the 25% open box restocking fee. You will be responsible for the cost of shipping the product back to Planar. Product must be shipped back in the original packaging. No returns will be accepted for products not purchased directly from Planar’s online store. If you purchased from a reseller of Planar’s products, please contact them for their return policy and return process.
- Planar extends a 14-day, no questions asked return option. If within 14 days of the date of shipment you are not satisfied with your purchase, please contact Planar for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA).
- Products that become defective within the warranty period are covered by the respective warranty. (see Warranty for details)
- Planar does not issue credit for shipping costs for a returned product.
- We will issue a return merchandise authorization (RMA) number for you to print on your return.
- Planar must receive the returned item within 14 days after an RMA number has been issued. An assigned RMA number is valid for 14 days only and will expire on the 15th day after the date of issuance, at which time any returned products will be refused and no credit will be issued.
- Items should be returned in as-new condition, in original packaging with the packing slip, all UPC tags, manuals and accessories in the original shipping carton or similar packaging. Failure to return all original merchandise with accompanying accessories and materials will result in a reduction of the credit based on the cost of the missing items.
- Please allow 3 to 4 weeks after Planar receives your return for credit to be issued.
Products that are either refused by the customer or in the event continual delivery attempts fail, will be returned to Planar and credited for the product cost and tax, less shipping and handling. Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for a credit to be issued. It is the customer's responsibility to make arrangements with the shipping company to accept a shipment in the event of a failed delivery.
Instructions for Returns
To return a product please follow these simple steps:
- 1. Request a Return
Request an RMA number via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the following information in your RMA request:your Full Name
your Planar Online Order number
and Serial Number of the unit(s) being returned
To check the status on your return, call 1.866.752.6270 toll-free, in US & Canada or direct 1.503.478.4133) or email email@example.com.
- 2. Receive an RMA number
You will receive an RMA number from Planar Customer Service.
- 3. Write Your RMA Number on Your Return
Once you have received your RMA number, please write it clearly on the outside of the package to be returned. All products must be returned in the original manufacturer packaging. If your product was shipped in a standard carton, please be sure to return using the same or similar packaging. When using the original carton, please ensure that previous shipping labels or other markings have been removed or covered completely.
When shipping the return you must reference the RMA number on the outside of the box or the unit will be refused, or returned to you at your expense.Ship to:
Planar Systems, Inc
Attn: Online Store Returns
RMA # ______________
2530 North Marine Drive
Portland, OR 97217
- 4. Ship the Product Back to Planar
We advise that you ship the product back to us via UPS, DHL or FedEx to ensure proper delivery. Plasma products require shipment via DHL. Planar will not be responsible for items lost in transit to our center or without a Proof of Delivery signature. It is the customer's responsibility to retain a copy of the return tracking number in the event of a 'lost' shipment until a credit has been issued or a replacement product has been shipped. Planar must receive the returned item within 14 days after an RMA number has been issued. An assigned RMA number is valid for 14 days only and will expire on the 15th day after the date of issuance, at which time any returned products will be refused.
- 5. Receive Your Refund
Once the return is received, please allow 3 to 4 weeks for the credit to appear on your account. Credit will be issued to the payment method or credit card used for your original purchase only.
The estimated shipment date on your order is based on product availability, payment processing time, and warehouse processing time and does not include transit time. Payment processing will not begin until we receive all the information we need and full payment or a full authorization, in the case of credit card orders.
Orders placed on the weekend or on a holiday will begin payment processing the next business day.
Orders for in-stock items that are eligible for same-day shipping must be received before 2:00 pm Pacific time, pending payment processing. Orders placed on the weekend or on a holiday will begin payment processing the next business day. Unanticipated changes in supply can affect product availability. Please confirm the estimated shipping lead time at the "Review Your Order" page for the most current availability information.
Business days are Monday through Friday, excluding federal and company holidays.
Please review the Product Availability section below for more information regarding order processing and product availability times.
The Planar Online Store endeavors to offer you competitive prices on current Planar products and selected Sale and Planar Certified Reconditioned products. Your total order price will include the price of the product (on the day of shipping) plus any applicable sales tax and shipping charges. Planar reserves the right to change prices for products displayed at the Planar eStore at any time.
U.S. Sales Only
The Planar Online Store sells and ships products only within the continental United States, Alaska, and Hawaii. No shipments can be made to P.O. Boxes, APO or FPO addresses, United States territories, or addresses outside the United States.
Order lead time is the length of time it will take us to validate your credit card, gather the products and package your order. Shipping time is the length of time it will take for the package to travel from our warehouse to your shipping address.
Planar makes every effort to ship your product according to the estimated lead times provided by the Planar Store at checkout. The estimated lead times are in business days (Monday through Friday) excluding Holidays. Lead times will begin the following business day for orders placed or credit cards cleared after 2 p.m. PT. Lead times quoted on the checkout page are for orders that are partially shipped - meaning items ship as soon as they are available. If you have requested a complete shipment, please add 3-4 additional days for transportation and order consolidation processing.
Although every effort is made to ship your order according to the lead time provided, shipping dates may change due to changes in supply. You can check your account for up-to-date shipping information. If the lead time changes, Planar will contact you via email and provide a revised shipping estimate.
We encourage you to contact Planar Online Sales Support at 1-866-752-6270 for order status information.
Given the popularity of some products, Planar may restrict the number of such items that you may purchase. Any product limit restrictions will be posted on the Planar Store web site. This information is subject to change.
Planar tries to stay at the forefront of technology. For this reason, Planar reserves the right to discontinue products without notice.
You may pay by credit card no matter which ordering method you use (Internet or phone). At the time your order is placed, Planar obtains a pre-approval from the credit card company for the amount of the order. Credit card billing occurs when your order ships. The Planar Store accepts Visa, MasterCard, and American Express cards.
We are unable to accept credit cards issued by banks outside of the United States.
Debit cards and check cards have daily spending limits that may cause a delay in the processing of your order.
Credit Card Security Codes
The Planar Store requires the credit card security code for your card for any telephone or online purchase. The credit card security code is an individual three- or four-digit number specific to your credit card that may be printed on the face of your card above the embossed account number (if American Express), or on the back of your card, on the signature panel (if Visa, or MasterCard). Asking for and confirming your credit card's security code helps validate that you - and only you - are in the possession of your credit card and protects you from unauthorized use of your account.
Planar Online Store purchases will include sales tax based on your shipping address and the sales tax rate in effect at the time your order is placed. If you phone in your order, the Planar Store sales representative will provide an estimated dollar total of your order including tax and any applicable shipping charges at the time you place your order. If the sales tax rate for the state to which your order is being shipped changes before the product is shipped, the rate in effect at the time your order ships from our warehouse will apply. The proof of purchase that Planar mails to you will include any applicable sales tax.
California Electronic Waste Recycling Fee
California residents are subject to an Electronic Waste Recovery Act Fee for some service offerings.
Other Terms and Conditions
- Planar is not responsible for typographical errors.
- Planar reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of sale at the Planar Online Store at any time.
- No Planar employee or agent has the authority to vary any of the Planar Online Store's policies or the terms and conditions governing any sale.
- Limitation of Liability. Seller shall in no event be liable for any consequential, incidental, indirect, special or punitive damages arising out of or relating in any way to the Contract, or any defect in or failure of, the Goods, including but not limited to, claims based upon loss of use, lost profits or revenue, interest, lost goodwill, environmental damage, increased expenses of operation, cost of replacement goods, or claims of Buyer or Buyer’s customers, whether or not based on contract, tort (including negligence and strict liability) or otherwise. Seller's maximum liability under this Contract shall not exceed the paid price for the Goods upon which such liability is based and all such liability shall terminate no later than one year from the date of delivery of the Goods.
- Applicable Law. The Contract shall be governed by the law of the State of Oregon, exclusive of its conflicts of law principles. Any disputes arising out of this Contract that cannot be informally resolved shall be adjudicated exclusively in Multnomah County, Oregon, in any court of competent jurisdiction. This Contract is expressly conditioned on the exclusion of the application of the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods.
- Termination. Except as expressly provided in Paragraph 5, Buyer may cancel its order, reduce quantities, revise specifications or extend scheduled delivery only upon terms accepted in writing signed by Seller. Buyer either shall compensate Seller for damages resulting from cancellation, including but not limited to, out-of-pocket costs, lost profit, and allocable overhead, or pay a restocking and cancellation fee of 25% of the purchase price, whichever is greater. Seller may, at its option and without either incurring liability to Buyer or prejudicing Seller’s rights to other available remedies, either cancel or reschedule Buyer's order if Buyer either is in default of payment obligations to Seller under this or any other agreement, or becomes insolvent, is the subject of bankruptcy proceedings, or ceases to do business. Buyer's obligations under Paragraphs 2, 7, 9, 11, 18 and 22 shall survive termination of this Contract.
- Export Laws. The Goods are subject to U.S. Government export laws and regulations. Buyer shall not export, re-export, or transfer (directly or indirectly) the Goods or technical data received from Seller without strictly complying with all such laws and regulations, including obtaining all required licenses, authorizations, certifications, and approvals. Seller will cooperate with Buyer to obtain any export licenses Buyer seeks, but obtaining such licensing shall be the exclusive responsibility of Buyer and a condition of sale.
- Waiver. Failure by a party to insist on performance of any provision shall not be a waiver of the rights or remedies available in the event of a subsequent default by the other party.
- Assignment. Neither party shall assign its rights or delegate its duties under this Contract without the prior written consent of the other. Refusal to consent to assignment must be commercially reasonable.
- Limitation on Time. All claims of action by Buyer against Seller shall be filed against Seller within one year from the date of the event(s) that gave rise to the claim(s) or be discharged and barred forever.
- Entire Agreement. This Contract supersedes all prior representations, warranties, demonstrations, discussions, advertisements, understandings, writings, and agreements between the parties, including without limitation, requests for quotations, printed purchase order terms and conditions and releases, with respect to the Goods and Services.